Summer Chicken Stew
- 4 chicken breasts
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 16 oz. chicken broth
- 12 - 15 baby new potatoes, halved
- 8 oz. spreadable cream cheese (about 3/4 cup)
- 16 oz. sweet corn (frozen, fresh, grilled or from a can)
- 8 oz. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh English or French Thyme
Season chicken with salt and pepper; coat with flour. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook chicken on both sides just until browned. Remove from pot and set aside.
Cook bacon in the same pot until crisp. Drain off excess fat. Stir in broth, browned chicken and potatoes. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until chicken and potatoes are cooked through.
Stir in cream cheese, corn, tomatoes, dried oregano and fresh thyme. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes until corn is cooked and cream cheese is melted.
This Summer Chicken Stew recipes uses the dried oregano for the antioxidant properties as well as the phytochemicals from fresh grown thyme. For other recipes using herbs please click here to go to our sister site, HerbFest.net
The original recipe for this from: http://kitchensimplicity.com/summer-chicken-stew/