Indications and Contraindications For Use Of Infrex Plus
- Hits: 7579
Indications For Use:
The Infrex Plus is a combination Interferential and TENS ( Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulator ) medical device used for symptomatic relief and management of chronic intractable pain and/or as an adjunctive treatment in the management of post-surgical pain, post traumatic acute pain problems, as well as an adjunct for pain control due to rehabilitation exercises and is to be used during the rehab. activity.
* Stimulation is contraindicated for patients using cardiac pacemakers. It should not be used on patients with known myocardial arrhythmia without physician evaluation.
* Stimulation should not be applied transthoracically in any mode.
* Stimulation should not be applied transcerebrally.
* Stimulation should not be applied over the carotid sinus nerves particularly on a patient with a known sensitivity to carotid sinus reflex.
* Stimulation should not be applied over swollen, infected, or inflamed areas of skin eruptions, e.g. phlebitis, varicose veins, thrombophlebitis, etc.
* Stimulation should not be applied over or in proximity to cancerous regions.
* Stimulation should not be used during pregnancy without physician evaluation.